Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Naughty or Nice?

I'm still working with previously colored images but I have not let that stop me from creating Christmas cards with images that aren't necessarily geared towards Christmas.


The image is from KennyK and colored w/Copics and gel pens. I started out with a center step card and used Seems a Little Sketchy weekly sketch. The design paper is one sheet of DCWV cut strategically. It included the snowflake cut as well. I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss a small paper cut and add even more texture. The glitter and bling snowflakes are from Jolee. The roses were cut using my Cricut along w/the Close To My Heart, Art Philosophy cartridge. I also included a small white Christmas tree also cut w/the Cricut and glitter paper. Digging even deeper in my bag of tricks I added black twine along with a small button that is highlighted with bling. Last but not least is the beaded stick-pin that I made myself and added a sheer ribbon. Thanks for looking.

Challenges entered:
Seems a Little Sketchy - sketch
Heart Song Inspirations - snowflakes or doilies
Make It Monday - anything goes
The Crazy Challenge - more than one fold

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

7 comments:

  1. Oh girl...this is really great! Love it and also the sentiment...hee, hee =)
    Greetings from Austria,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the title of your blog, and from the looks of your card, your mom is right: you ARE the black Martha! It is totally over the top and I love it! Love how you used the sketch on a stair step card, too. Thanks for playing along at Seems A Little Sketchy. Hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card. I love the pink.

    Thanks for joining us at Seems A Little Sketchy.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment! The pinks and blacks look awesome and fantastic job with the shading and highlighting especially with the darker skin tones...looks awesome.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle, this is dynamite!!! Look at the embossing and those flowers! LOVE the center stair step layout and that paper rocks! Amazing coloring too! Plus that sentiment is the best! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete