Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Ready Set Smile

My and my husband's favorite aunt (my side of the family) celebrated a birthday on Sunday. This is the card he dug from my stash to give to her.




The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and was colored w/Copic Markers. After coloring, the image was cut with a Dienamics Pierced Square Die. I'm sure I used a sketch but can't recall where it originated. The design papers are from my stash. I also used a Cuddlebug embossing folder and Spellbinders Nestabilities Pennant die with the sentiment from Creat w/TLC. Although it's not showing up well in the photos I also used a glue pen and Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder to add highlights to the cake. Finally I added foam squares, flowers from my stash, clear rhinestone bling, and Gelly Roll pen as the finishing touches. 

My aunt is crafty in her own right so this card along with a craft store gift card were the perfect gift!

Challenges entered

Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes with twist - add some Yellow
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - Pop it Up
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash - depict something sweet or make something for your sweetie
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
House of Cards -  (October) Punch and/or Die
My Craft Creations - Always Anything Goes
Sparkle N Sprinkle - (October) Anything Goes with Glitter, Embossing Powder and/or Flocking
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - Always Anything Goes
The Squirrel & The Fox - Happy Birthday

12 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Your colouring skills are fantastic!!
    Thanks for playing along with the crew at Shopping Our Stash for the "Hello, Sweetie" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card and i love your mix of DPs. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colouring, especially her hair. Lovely creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! I like that image and I adore the colors and those flowers! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card :) Thanks to join us in House Of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 57 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeously colored! Thanks for joining us at HOC this round--hope to see you again soon!

    Toni
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and amazing coloring of the image. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card . Thank you for joining us at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog. Good luck in the draw. I hope we will see you next time your works outstanding.
    Hugs Sharon (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and I just love your colouring. The sketch is great too. Thank you for joining in the House of Cards Challenge this month.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete